A Revelation of Who Jesus Is
C. Alan Martin
Copyright 2013 Low Tide Press
Perhaps no single doctrine has separated believers from one another than the teaching about who Christ is, what Christ is, where Christ came from, and how Christ came to be that Christ. Whole denominations and sects have come into being based on differing interpretations of this doctrine alone. Some are considered cults or sects, while most hold to a doctrine based on the “Nicene Creed”.
“We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God,
eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, light from light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made,
of one Being with the Father;
through him all things were made.”
We will present and prove this progression and relationship:
• The Word was IN the Father from all eternity.
John 17:5, John 1:18, John 17:8
• Prior to cre
ation the Word extended OUT of the Father, becoming the Son.
• Throughout eternity, The Word was/is in complete unity with the Father.
• The Word/Son was the agent of creation.
John 1:3, Hebrews 1:1-2
• The Word/Son went FORTH from (the presence of) the Father to occupy the body the Father formed for Him.
• The Word/Son occupied that body, and became Flesh